Saturday, February 11, 2012

a tribute

Today this handsome fella turns 27:



This means I have known him for 11 years, dated him for five, was engaged for three months and married to him for one year and eight sweet months.  All of which have been a pretty big, action-packed love story that still amazes me when I ponder it.  I love him so and I love the life we have built together.  Some of the things I love most are as follows:

  1. He is a man’s man to the core.  He hunts and fishes and loves to work on his trucks. 
  2. He says phrases like “doggone” and “howdy.”
  3. Because of #2 older folks love him.  In fact they love him so much he often comes home with “goodies” they have made him.  These goodies include things like pie and jars of chutney (I very much dislike chutney.  What is that stuff anyway?) and birdhouses and also this little masterpiece:

    Now I’m not actually sure what this is supposed to be.  I do know that it will not take up residence on my front porch which is where Brian attempted to place it.  But it does have character and so does the lovely gentlemen who made it, Art.  He is 89 and loves my husband.    (Brian wanted me to be sure to give Art a shout out and that I didn't "make fun" of him.  Just for the record I would never poke fun at Art.  But this is how sweet my husband is.  Heart of gold I tell you.) 
    4.  He is so, so funny. 5.  He loves food as much as I do.  We started off the day with this lovely breakfast:
    Yes, I did make hash browns in my waffle iron.  Thank you, Pinterest.  They were crispy and cheesy and deee-lish.
    6.  He also loves animals as much as I do and was so gracious when I told him asked him if we could adopt this little girl:
    7. He loves Jesus and prays with me daily. {sigh}
    8. He has become the best daddy to our baby I could ask for.  {again, sigh}
    If you know us, you know we have had a long road to the life we have today.  I love and appreciate this man more than I can express.  Here's to you, honey.  Hope this is the best birthday to date.
    


5 comments:

  1. happy birthday, b!! that little creation art made for you all is a keeper. (maybe in the garage, but a keeper all the same.)
    love you! your button is up on my blog, let me know if you want something different :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Brian. We are so happy you are the husband of our baby girl and daddy to our little angel. You excel at both jobs! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbled upon your blog today and greatly enjoyed reading your tribute to your hubby. Sometimes I feel like in this world marriage isn't valued at all and divorce is no big deal, so it's so great to someone so devoted to something so important!

    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for reading. Glad to know someone enjoys my ramblings.:)

    ReplyDelete