Saturday, February 4, 2012

lately

What I should be doing right now is cleaning.  My house is a bit of a mess disaster.  But, writing sounded more appealing as does pretty much anything besides cleaning.  So, here I am, to my husband's dismay, blogging.  Sorry, honey.  The past few months have been the best in our entire life.  I thought I'd share a bit of what's been happening.  Brian has been able to work a bit less because things have been a little slow with work, as they always seem to be during the cold, winter months.  This is fine by me because we've gotten to cozy up with our little love bug {Lola} and soak up this blissful time of being new parents.  Boy is she growing.  This makes me sad.  I want her to stay little.  Forever.  Her hair is also growing into what appears to be a bit of a baby mullet.  But a cute mullet. She already has a little sense of humor.  She thinks sneezing is the funniest. thing. ever.  She also wants me to mirror her facial expressions or whenever she sticks her tongue out.  When I don't because it's 3:27am, exhaustion has taken over my body, and I may have fallen asleep while feeding her {ahem}, she yells and gives me a look like "hey, mama, aren't you supposed to be a responsible adult and not fall asleep while feeding your two month and three week old baby"...kinda like this...



 and as I am quickly jolted back into reality from the dreamland {where I was sleeping in until noon, sigh}  I quickly appease her demands, she smiles the biggest open-mouthed, drooley, toothless grin and I melt. {see below}


She has also decided as of late that sleeping in her bed is not as fun as sleeping with us.  I was the mama who said my little peanut would never sleep in our bed because our bed was our bed.  It was our sanctuary...blah blah blah.  If you are a mama who has been able to stick to this idea I have complete respect for you.  But I love waking up next to this little drool face.  There will come a day in the {very near} future when she will have to sleep in her own digs, but until then I'm soaking up all the sleepy snuggles I can. 

Besides this, I have developed a Pinterest habit I need to kick.  I would like to knit a sweater, spray paint and distress the majority of my furniture, bake a ridiculous amount of treats that have no business in my oven, make all of my own cleaning agents, put heart-shaped elbow patches on my sweaters, run another marathon, make shelves from old fence boards and all of Lola's clothing.  From now on.  Thank you, Pinterest.




3 comments:

  1. Lola is adorable! Your wonderful Mom is one of my fabulous twitter friends and I have loved hearing about Lola from her. Enjoy these moments, and figure we all do things we never said we would do...part of being a parent. Lola will never doubt how loved she is, and being in your bed will hardly harm her. Eleanor and I do slumber parties now and I wouldn't change it for the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.
    prAna Unisex Prana Yoga Towel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pinterest is also my best friend and worst enemy. I've discovered I'm so bad at crafty stuff that I can't even spray paint smoothly. I guess I'll stick to cooking, which I can usually pull off. Congrats on your sweet little baby!

    ReplyDelete