Thursday, April 5, 2012

thankful thursdays

So my big sis is pretty much the coolest person I know, seriously.  She started a little bloggy movement a while ago called "thankful thursdays."  She wanted to cultivate thankfulness, and I think that's a splendid idea.  I also think she's super cool, did I say that?  So the first thing I am thankful for today is this lovely lady:


Yep, that's my big sis, Carina.  I've always had this perfect, big sister complex, she can do no wrong.  And I've always kinda wanted to be just like her.  She has three little boys that have stolen my heart. 


{Lute, Eddie, and little Georgie}
They probably just stole yours too, huh? 
She is kind and gentle and loves Jesus.  She is crafty and fancy and kind of a hipster.  She is without a doubt my best friend.  So here are a few things, besides this girl, that I am thankful for.

I am thankful for this girl too.  She is so smiley and happy and warm and squishy.  She also has kind of a temper which I love.  Yep, she's a spicy little lady bug.



On Tuesday I got a new pair of spectacles.  On Tuesday I realized just how blind I was.  I am so thankful I can watch The Office tonight without Brian poking fun at me for squinting.  I'm also thankful that I can stay up until the wee hours of the morning, reading, accurately.  I am, however, not so thankful that I am now very aware of how badly my brows needed a plucking. 


Next on the list...Kale chips!  These little crunchy morsels make eating vegetables so much more fun:


I even sprinkled 'em on our dinner tonight.  Yes, that is broiled chicken with sweet potato cream sauce and quinoa.  And it was bomb digity.


Then there's this handsome handyman.  He is giving our bathroom a much needed makeover.  This makes my heart flutter.  Befores and afters to come soon!


 What are you thankful for today?

5 comments:

  1. Loved it, Stacy! :) So much to be thankful for! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're the best sister ever! and totally my bff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, you guys are so sweet. Nobody would ever believe that Carina told you to eat a hot pepper off the floor one time or that you, Stacy, used to try to get her in trouble all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What? Nooo. I didn't do that. But she did make me eat a pepper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm thankful for your sister too :) i love her. heard you were baptized. congrats :)

    ReplyDelete