Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Lady in Waiting


                                                             41 weeks, come on baby!

Our little peanut was due one week ago today.  This was not my plan.  In the past I have never been much of a planner.  I am more of a fly by the seat of your pants kind of a girl, somewhat of a procrastinator if you will, and prefer spontaneity to a plan or boring routine.  But this mama business has thrown me for a loop.  All of a sudden I feel the need to plan every. little. detail.  We had the nursery ready months ago, I’ve read books upon books about pregnancy, sleep schedules, nursing and the like.  I also just knew I was going to be one of those mamas who went into labor at 38ish weeks.  I had talked to my girlfriends about what got them into labor and had all the right tricks up my sleeve.  God on the other hand, had a different plan in mind.  I should have known.



Instead, my 38ish week plan came and went, weeks 39 and 40 rolled right on by, and today I got a lovely little announcement from my pregnancy app that I am 41 weeks today.  Oh the frustration.  But I know God has been working on my heart through all of this, gently whispering “patience” and “peace.”  And I have not wanted to hear it.  I think a bit of me has actually started to resent him for it.  I knew this wasn’t good.  So today I sat down for some quiet time with Jesus and rested in his peace.  I gave all my worries and fears to him because he has called me to.  Just thinking about inductions and C-sections can get a girl a little worked up (I know, I know, I shouldn't be thinking about that yet).  But he wants me to rely on him and trust that he has a plan, and I know he does.  A prefect plan.



Cast all of your anxiety on him, because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7



Whatever day this little girl decides to make her debut will be beautiful and perfect and just right.  Looks like she is deciding to take after her mama and be fashionably late and a little stubborn.  In the mean time I am going to soak up every moment of freedom and time with my husband I can.  We are going to enjoy the little things like picking up and going whenever we want, dinner out, not being (too) exhausted, late night talks in bed and being just the two of us before there are three.

3 comments:

  1. Love your little bloggy blog :) You're going to be the most amazing mama! xoxo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we got one more night filled with the Housewives...both Real and Desperate...and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now she is here and your life will NEVER be the same, and I mean that in a GOOD way! Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete